- Road Traffic
ALPINA F1-80 Crash-Test Procedure
- The vehicle approaches at 80 km/h
- First contact, the vehicle hits the front of the crash cushion, but offset from the center
- The ALPINA F1-80 air chambers are compressed by the impact of the vehicle, which slows it down moderately
- Deceleration of the vehicle in gear, while the air valves do their work and convert the impact energy into air flow
- The vehicle continues to slow down but maintains the direction of travel.
- It is not diverted from the lane or other obstacles
- The road airbag continues to decelerate the vehicle slightly and is maximally compressed. The vehicle starts to move slightly sideways
- The impact energy is almost absorbed, the vehicle speed and sideways displacement is almost stopped, the concrete retention system begins to shift
- The vehicle comes to a stop; the driver is not seriously injured.
Return area: Z1
lateral shift: D1
Crashtest – Videos
This post is also available in: German